How we use Personal Data:
We collect personal data only if required to provide our products or services, fulfill our legitimate business purposes and/or comply with applicable laws and regulations. Depending on your relationship with Toyon Vineyard we collect and process your personal data as follows:
- Toyon Vineyard products and services: contact details and login credentials for the following main purposes: entering into and performing agreements with you or your organization; providing support and tools to activate licenses and request support; managing and fulfilling orders; deploying and delivering products and services; conducting quality controls; managing returns of defective media; operating and providing access to customer portals and hosted management services; consulting; notifications of contract expiry and renewal options; developing and improving our products and services and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Toyon Vineyard Financial Services: contact details, records of good standing and other information as may be relevant (e.g. information from publicly available resources) for the following main purposes: providing lease, loan and other financial services; conducting anti-money laundering and other regulatory checks; initiating credit approval process and facilitating the purchase and resale of equipment.
- Sales and marketing: contact details, identification information, information required to purchase our products and services online, profile, role and preferences, login credentials, digital activity information and other information as may be relevant (e.g. information from publicly available sources) for the following main purposes: sales and marketing; advertising; creating and delivering targeted adverts and offers; conducting marketing campaigns; managing contacts and preferences; generating leads and opportunities; managing lead generation activities; organizing and managing events; and engaging in social media interactions.
- Online data collection tools: digital activity information for the following main purposes: enabling efficient use of our websites, products and services; collecting statistics to optimize the functionality of our websites, products and services; improving user experience and delivering content tailored to their interests; and improving marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Online forums and surveys: contact details, login credentials, comments and feedback for the following main purposes: engaging with partners and suppliers in online forums; conducting customer satisfaction and engagement surveys.
- Partner and supplier programs: contact details for the following main purposes: managing relations with partners and suppliers; engaging and delivering products and services to customers in which case we may receive personal data directly from you or from our partners.
- Training and education: contact details for the main purpose of conducting trainings and education programs for customers, partners and suppliers.
- Due diligence screening: contact details and other information as may be relevant (e.g. information from publicly available sources) for the following main purposes: conducting anti-corruption due diligence on third parties and conducting required investigations, in compliance with applicable laws.
- Brand-protection programs: contact details, login credentials and other relevant information (e.g. information from publicly available sources) for the main purpose of conducting investigations into Toyon Vineyard product-related fraud, compliance, theft and/or counterfeit.
- Security and authentication: contact details, identification information and CCTV footage for the following main purposes: ensuring safety and security of Toyon Vineyard staff and premises; login credentials, protecting Toyon Vineyard’s network and other digital assets; providing access to restricted areas and information assets and protecting personal data from unauthorized access.
- Whistleblowing: contact details and information about alleged misconducts for the main purpose of detecting, preventing and investigating misconduct by Toyon Vineyard staff, customers, partners and suppliers.
- Enquiries and complaints: contact details and information included in enquires and complaints for the main purpose of addressing and resolving enquiries and complaints.
- Recruitment: contact details for the main purpose of sending job alert subscriptions managed by Toyon Vineyard or our recruitment partners.
- Recruitment lead generation: contact details and information made publicly available on professional social networks such as LinkedIn for the purpose of identifying and contacting potential job candidates.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Our privacy practices are aligned with the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your personal data, and you may have additional rights with regard to how we use your personal data.
Personal data. Consistent with the “How we use Personal Data” section above, we might collect certain categories and specific pieces of information about individuals that are considered “personal information” under the CCPA. Specifically, we may collect the following types of personal data:
- Identifiers: contact details, identification information.
- Commercial information: information required to purchase our products and services online, information about profile, role and preferences.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: login credentials, digital activity information.
- Other personal information: records of good standing, comments and feedback from online forums and surveys, CCTV footage, information about alleged misconducts, information included in enquires and complaints, information made publicly available on professional social networks.
Sources. We may collect certain categories of personal data from you and other third parties as described in the “How we use personal data” section above. The categories of third parties from whom we may collect personal data include the following:
- Partners, resellers and/or distributors;
- Public authorities;
- Third party applications (such as social networks);
- Advertising networks; and
- Other companies or organizations (such as market research firms and data aggregators).
Purposes. We collect your personal data for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How we use personal data” section above. We also share and/or disclose your personal data as follows:
- Sharing your personal data for business purposes: As described in the “How we use personal data” section above, we may share your contact details, login credentials, information from publicly available resources and information from your complaints and/or inquiries, within the Toyon Vineyard group of companies, with third parties, with partners, resellers and/or distributors, and with public or government authorities. As described above, examples of business purposes include product and service fulfillment, due diligence screening, security and authentication, prevention of misconduct, and resolving complaints.
- Sale of personal data: By using Automatic Data Collection Tools on our websites and applications, we may share some of your digital activity information with third parties in order to receive information about performance of our marketing campaigns. Sharing personal data in this manner may constitute a “sale” under the CCPA.
Your rights in relation to your personal data. Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request that we disclose access to your personal data;
- Request deletion of your personal data;
- Request information about the personal data we have disclosed for a business purposes and/or “sold” (as such term is defined under the CCPA) to third parties within the past 12 months; and
- Opt-out of the “sale” of your personal data, as detailed above and below.
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”. You have the right, as a California resident, to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal data, i.e. our use of Automatic Data Collection Tools. If you wish to exercise this right, please email email@example.com and exercise your opt-out right.
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise any of the rights described in this section, you may use the following methods to submit a request in relation to your personal data:
- Contact the Toyon Vineyard Tech Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code in your request. You may be asked to provide additional proof of identification so that we can verify your identity and validate the request. Please note that in order to opt-out from Automatic Data Collection Tools you need to email Toyon Vineyard as we do not have the ability to connect your name with your device(s).
To the extent that you elect to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, the above methods to submit a request apply. Please note that you are limited by law in the number of requests you may submit per year.